Thursday, November 26, 2015

Kid President Is My Hero

It's Thanksgiving Day and I definitely have a lot to be thankful for this year.  I had my follow up appointment with Dr. Thomas yesterday, and the results from my scan were even better than expected!  When they called with my results last week, all I knew was that there wasn't any evidence that the cancer had spread outside of my neck area.  In yesterday's appointment, the doctor said that they actually didn't even see any activity in my neck...which was pretty shocking to all of us!  Because of such great scan results and the fact that my bloodwork was also looking really good, I won't have to go in for another round of scans for a year.  I will have more labs done next month to see if we need to make any adjustments to my medication, but everything is really positive right now.  And just in time for the holidays!!

Kid President is pretty much my favorite.  I love his positive energy and his sense of humor. I love the fact that I can show his videos to my children and my students without hesitation. Last week, he came out with a new video about thankfulness that has really encouraged me to stop and think about what I'm thankful for - no matter how big or small those things may be.  You know...sometimes you just need to be thankful for pants.

I decided to narrow mine down to my Top 10 List today so I can spend as much time focusing on food and family as possible:

1. Belly laughs.  The kind that can cause tears of laughter.
2. Slipper socks in the winter time. Because I hate having cold feet!
3. Yellow bag Lays and Peanut Butter M&Ms.  If I have to explain this one to you, then we can no longer be friends.
4. Baby cheeks.  The bigger, the better!
5. Coffee.  Because...coffee.
6. Music. All of the music.
7. Impromptu dance parties.  These really are the best and if you've never participated in one, you should try it today.  For realllllllzzzzzzzz.
8. Siri.  Because it's really fun to ask her stupid questions just to see how annoyed she'll get.
9. Friends. I really feel like you can never have too many.  I feel truly fortunate and grateful for every friendship I have made.  I have the most amazing people in my life.
10. Curiosity.  It's what makes us smarter.  I especially love the curiosity of children.  

There are dozens of other things I could add to this list, and maybe I will next year.  Today, I challenge each of you to think of the things you're thankful for.  Feel free to comment below. I love hearing from all of you!  

Until next time, I hope each of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with food, family, and FUN!

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Excellent news and list of "thankfuls!" Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I LOVE Kids President too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent news and list of "thankfuls!" Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete